My name is John Mabry. I am a husband and father of three residing in Nashville, TN. Although it may appear like I have it all together on the surface, I most certainly do not. My life has been rattled with multiple life-changing traumas and an infinite number disappointments. But I have also experienced countless blessings that are my primary focus these days. This blog is a scrapbook of my life, interests, and motivations, with plenty of humor and and raw emotions, to keep you coming back for more.
I have accumulated two lifetimes of experiences in only 37-years. Some of the significant events include:
- Losing my leg and a friend in a rollover car accident
- Finding my brother dead from a drug overdose
- Suffering from PTSD, anxiety and depression
- Competing in triathlons on one leg
- Getting a Masters degree in Counseling
- Acting in Hollywood – with appearances in Superbad, NCIS, ER, Brother and Sisters, JAG, American Son among others. I worked alongside my cousin, Josh Henderson (Dallas, Desperate Housewives) on FX’s Over There
- Getting married and am blessed with three wonderful kids
- Struggling for years with alcohol and substance abuse
- Inventing the most advanced solution ever created for managing sweat & bacteria inside prosthetic limbs with the Valor line sock
- Becoming the only guy with a prosthetic leg to do CrossFit regularly in Nashville
My family and I also have a uniquely entertaining and inspiring blog called MABRY LIVING. MABRY LIVING is a quirky collection of, “No way that happened!” stories from my family. Keep always tell us we should write a book about all of our real life adventures. If you like my content here you’ll love our Facebook page. So until we get to a point where we’re ready to do a book, be sure to check out my family’s hilarious antics and one-of-a-kind approach to life.